Saturday, July 30, 2005

Getting ready to cross...

Hm, well, I positively couldn't sleep because I was too worked up over leaving for China (something that's still not happening for a month). I was admiring Eben and Ariel's blogs and thought, 'Hey, they're going to China/Taiwan; I am too; Because they're both Olde Reed I should probably idolize and imitate them - I don't know if that's such a great idea, but this whole blogging your way through Asia thing is pretty nifty, so I'm gonna give it a go.' This way, whenever I find myself without sleep, I can make my Grandparents happy by letting her know what I'm up to. Hi Grandma and Grandpa! I love you! (*filial piety*, hurrah)

I ate a preserved duck egg for the first time last week. My dad took pictures. I threw up in my own mouth, and had to spit it all out in the toilet, it was so foul. My friend Rob (from my Hometown of Santa Cruz, California) managed to swallow his, and even claimed that if someone offered him one in the future, he might not want to eat it, but could if he had to. Rob's a good sport. I call him Robbie, but that's a very familiar name, so you should probably call him Rob. I'll try to get pictures of that whole egg fiasco up. Yeah. Gelatinous blue/brown egg white. I don't care how much Hyong (One of my fantastic Chinese Lit. Professors - a man with famously massive calves) recommends them; I think I'd have to get mighty drunk on Rice Wine before I could get one of those babies down.

1 Comments:

Blogger ASJ said...

Thanks for the plug. Enjoy the flight. Ha Ha Ha

August 03, 2005 9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home